Sunday 21 May 2017

Arrows and After-Parties in SW London

There are many joys that I get to experience when I'm teaching dance to private clients.

The main one is the reward of seeing my clients progress and hearing them tell me how much fun they are having, particularly when it's someone who reluctantly embarked on the process either to please their partner or to fulfil wedding traditions.

Another is the clients themselves. My prices are high, so I get to work with successful, interesting people. Conversation with my clients can be so engaging that we have to be careful to make sure that we actually get a full session of dancing done. Luckily, some of them also come to my events, so I get to talk to them then over a relaxed dinner and throughout the various after-party activities that inevitably end up taking place.

A sideline bonus that I wasn't really expecting are the places that I end up after teaching a client in their home or office. Sometimes I have an hour or two to spare, when I can explore the area or find somewhere pleasant to sit and write on my laptop. I've discovered that if you wander randomly through residential or urban areas there are always hidden gems. I've found delightful tucked away cafes and pubs, green spaces and gardens and even a farm in the middle of Vauxhall that I had no idea existed.

As I'm writing this, I realise that I should take more photos and post them up on Instagram. Those of you who've already taken a look at my Instagram feed will know that I get very excited when I discover a diversion sign or a pretty looking arrow. They perhaps don't get as many 'likes' as my other photos but I, for one, do rather appreciate them.


So if you live near a nice park with a picturesque lake, or you have a diversion sign in the vicinity, please give private dance lessons some serious consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment